We'd like to invite you to join us for a fun celebration of the season by participating in Winter Secret Paws. It's kind of like having a secret pal or secret Santa.
Secret Paw - How it works
You send us your information, we'll swap it with another secret paw and you'll receive a goodie from your secret paw in the mail by December 31st.
Charity EffortsAs in the past we are going to have a charity portion of Secret Paws - recipients include: Pets in the Blogsphere who cannot afford to participate, Best Friend's Animal Sanctuary, The House Rabbit Society and Harvest Home Animal Sanctuary. More information below - remember you do not have to participate in the charity portion to get a secret paw!
If you are not in the US - That's OK. We're going to try to match up Secret Paws in appropriate countries.
- Please keep the gift to $7-$10 max. Our hope is not to make people feel like they have to purchase something big. A card, homemade item or can of Stinky Goodness will work. We just want to have FUN!
- If you cannot send your paw - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let us know by December 15th so we can arrange for your paw to get a gift. We're going to have some back-up paws this go around.
- Please email us at email@example.com the following information:
- Your Name - you can participate as a family for multiple pet and human homes or as individual pets. If you play as individuals then each pet in the house is a participant. For example we can either be (1) group as Diva Kitty and the Fluffies or (3) individuals as Sophia, Fiona and Orlando
- Your Mailing Address - Mom will keep this information and will only share it with your selected secret paw. She promised me not to sell them to the highest bidder
- What type of fluffy are you - Cat, Wolfie, Rattie, Bunny, Hammie, Human… (Humans under the age of 18 please!)
- Your favorite color - swap buddies will be sent your favorite color as a guide for getting your goodies!
- Swap Preference – If you want to swap with your own species please let us know. So if you’re a cat and you want to swap with a cat – tell us.
- Anything special you'd like your Secret Paw to know. It helps you paw know what to shop for if you let them know what you like and dislike!
PO Box 1621 Benicia CA 94510
Will swap with anyone
I like banana chips, dried mango and tearing apart Mom's baseboards. I don't like having my nails trimmed!
- Please send Mom an email with the above information by November 22, 2006 AT 1PM P. T. Mom will partner everyone up and send you via email your Secret Paw that evening.
- Please send your Secret Paw a small fun item (cost $7-$10) by December 31, 2006.
Blog:We've also set up a NEW Secret Paws Blog. Once you send me or Mom you email address we will send you an invite to join the blog on WordPress. There you can post messages to your Secret Paws, post a picture of your goodies or whatever.
The blog address is http://secretpaws.wordpress.com/
We have a couple of charity options this time - our recipients will include: Pets in the Blogsphere who cannot afford to participate, Best Friend's Animal Sanctuary, The House Rabbit Society and Harvest Home Animal Sanctuary. Remember you do not have to participate in the charity portion to get a secret paw! And if you just want to do the charity part - that's ok as well!
(1) Send a secret paw gift to a member of our blogsphere or to a pet in a shelter! If you sign up for this option we will send you the name of a needy pet for you to send a secret paw gift. Know someone who would like to participate but can't afford to??? Send us their information and we'll hook them up!
(2) Donate to one of our charities and get a DKM blanket! You've seen them! The Meezers have them... Abby has one... don't you want one also?! If you donate $10 - DKM will customer crochet you a blanket.
(3) Donate yarn or a gift card to Michael's, JoAnne Fabrics, or Wal-mart and DKM will make blankets for our recipients A $10 gift card makes 3 cat blankets or one dog blanket. Our address for sending yarn or gift cards is:
PO Box 1621
Benicia CA 94510
Hot(M)BC's have graciously donated the use of their PayPal account for our Secret Paws - put your paws together for them!So if I were submitting mine it would look like:
Option 1 - I want to send a secret paw gift! Please hook me up with any animal. Please add Brandi to your special secret paw list.
Option 2 - I'm going to make a $10 donation to Harvest House Animal Sanctuary. (DKM will email you to get your color preference and address)
Option 3 - I'm sending you a $10 gift card to Michael's. Please send 3 cat blankets to the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with how you would like to participate!
Meow and Binkies All!
Sophia, Fiona, Orlando & DKM (Michelle)