Monday, March 17, 2008

Blackie "Nipheart" O'Reilly

I have talked briefly about my ancestor Blackie "Hipheart" O'Reilly who drove the snakes from Ireland and turned a rag tag bunch of feral cats into a force to liberate catnip for all cats.

It was in the Year of our Lord 1314, patriot-cats of Ireland - starving and outnumbered - charged the fields of Carlow. They fought like lions; they fought like Irishcats, and won their catnip.

In honor of St. Patrick's day, I bring to you some of Nipheart's most famous quotes:

It's all for nothing if you don't have catnip!

It's our catnip that make us cats!

There's a difference between us. You think the cats of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those cats with catnip. And I go to make sure that they have it.

I came home to raise catnip, and God willing, a family. If I can live in peace, I will.

What will you do with that catnip?

Now tell me, what does that mean to be noble? Your title gives you claim to the throne of our country, but cats don't follow titles, they follow catnip. Now our felines know you. Noble, and common, they respect you. And if you would just lead them to catnip, they'd follow you. And so would I.

Go back to England and tell them there that Ireland's catnip is yours no more. Tell them Ireland's catnip belongs to Irishcats!

I've lived long enough to enjoy catnip.

Just when we thought all hope was lost, our catnip has arrived.

If we join, we can win. If we win, well then we'll have what none of us has ever had before: catnip.

4 comments:

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

KC said...
Wow, that's a furry exciting story. Fanks fur sharing.

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Tun Tun said...

MEW!! Wuv the story! Fight for da nip!!!

Beau said...

Oh, wow, maaaaaan, that's deeeeep!

Cara said...

Catnip is oooooh so yummy.


x


http://carahurley.blogspot.com